Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random effective fleet power in missions?
KaDeeKe
Private

May 2018
Hi all,

As of this week, I'm experiencing strange behaviour during missions. At least, it is most apparent there.

For weeks I have been redoing my missions of lvl 12 without an issue. Sometimes I lost 2 orange ships, which could be recovered with rare earth. During the weekend I upgraded to lvl63 and my overall power grew from 7M to 8.5M.

I would expect that the lvl12 missions would be even easier to battle, but that is not the case. Quite on the contrary, even.

Now I will loose up to 60 orange ships in one blow of which 20% is lost forever. This does not happen all the time, but I can for instance attack twice without loss and the next time ... boom! ... 40 ships lost. While the defending fleet would behave almost constant before the weekend, as of now the power of the defending fleet seems to be random within a significant margin. Am I the only one experiencing this? I checked all my settings. My officers, accessories and gems have only grown in power and I'm still using the same buffs. Since this happens even when performing blitz attacks, there is absolutely no variance in my own power, so I can only conclude that the defending fleet is behaving erratically.

Best regards.
Fleet Command
Player name: KaDeeKe
Legion: NLpower
Server: EU-191
Alexandrew Alldis
Private

Oct 2017
(12-07-2018, 02:48 PM)KaDeeKe Wrote: Hi all,

As of this week, I'm experiencing strange behaviour during missions. At least, it is most apparent there.

For weeks I have been redoing my missions of lvl 12 without an issue. Sometimes I lost 2 orange ships, which could be recovered with rare earth. During the weekend I upgraded to lvl63 and my overall power grew from 7M to 8.5M.

I would expect that the lvl12 missions would be even easier to battle, but that is not the case. Quite on the contrary, even.

Now I will loose up to 60 orange ships in one blow of which 20% is lost forever. This does not happen all the time, but I can for instance attack twice without loss and the next time ... boom! ... 40 ships lost. While the defending fleet would behave almost constant before the weekend, as of now the power of the defending fleet seems to be random within a significant margin. Am I the only one experiencing this? I checked all my settings. My officers, accessories and gems have only grown in power and I'm still using the same buffs. Since this happens even when performing blitz attacks, there is absolutely no variance in my own power, so I can only conclude that the defending fleet is behaving erratically.

Best regards.

Has your front ship slots changed. Sometimes when you increase in power selecting the auto ships change around the slots. Also I have had same issues in higher level missions from moving alien weapons around. It Might be more than one contributing factor
Stix
KaDeeKe
Private

May 2018
(Yesterday, 12:02 AM)Alexandrew Alldis Wrote: Has your front ship slots changed. Sometimes when you increase in power selecting the auto ships change around the slots. Also I have had same issues in higher level missions from moving alien weapons around. It Might be more than one contributing factor

Thanks for your answer. I was in the assumption that the 'max power' and 'recommend officer' buttons would always get me the best configuration.

In order to manually configure the fleet, I am struggling with estimating the power of the given configuration. How can I find out if x orange ships are better than y red ships? And how the equipment and officers influence your power? I know there is detailed information available, but if you need to study all of that - which indeed changes as you power up - it takes 15 minutes to set up a fleet. I had hopes that the auto functions would take care of that ...

Still, what bothers me most is the randomness of the defending fleet's strength. It is most noticeable when performing blitz in the missions. It has always been the case that you may not loose a ship for 4 times, then loose one a couple of times. But now it will randomize between 0 to 60 ship losses, That is too much.

I started doing the missions I did when I had less than half the power I have now and even then I keep loosing a lot of ships. I looks like Movga decided you must loose ships by doing the missions and the randomized the ship losses instead of the defending fleet power. It is making me nuts and takes away all the fun for me that is left in this game. Sad
Fleet Command
Player name: KaDeeKe
Legion: NLpower
Server: EU-191