Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/www.indiansfanproshop.com/
panxing18
Sergeant

Apr 2019
ARLINGTON http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , Texas (AP) — Cleveland Indians rookie shortstop Eric Stamets has tried to approach this spring training like any other even though he’ll start the season opener Thursday with three-time All-Star Francisco Lindor on the injured list because of a calf strain.Stamets hit a grand slam in the fourth inning, his first home run of the spring, and the Indians beat the Texas Rangers 10-1 on Monday night.“If my name’s up in the lineup, then I’m going to play,” said Stamets, who went 2 for 4 and is hitting .250 with one spring training game left. “If it’s not, then I’ll just do my best to do my role as a teammate.“I wouldn’t say it was the best spring. I wouldn’t say it was the worst spring. I worked on some things in the offseason with my swing. Defensively, I’ve made the plays.”Kevin Plawecki added a two-run homer in the ninth, and Greg Allen had a bases-loaded triple in the eighth.Carlos Carrasco allowed one run and five hits in 5 2/3 innings for Cleveland. He struck out four, walked one and hit two batters with pitches.“I think our five starters have pitched well this spring Edwin Encarnacion Jersey ,” Indians manager Terry Francona said. “Lineup-wise we’re a little banged up, but it’s nice to know you’re going to run those guys out there every day ’cause they’re all good.”Ronald Guzman hit his team-leading fifth homer of the spring for Texas.Rangers starter Edinson Volquez, who missed last season following Tommy John surgery, gave up four runs and five hits in 3 1/3 innings. He walked three and plunked one batter with a pitch.“Obviously, he kind of ran out of gas there at the end,” manager Chris Woodward said. “First couple of innings were really good. He was sharp, felt great.”FATHER-SON MOMENTBefore the game, the lineup cards were exchanged by Rangers bench coach Don Wakamatsu and his son, Indians minor league shortstop Luke Wakamatsu. Luke played the final four innings and singled in his only at-bat and scored.“It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience,” said Luke Wakamatsu http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , who graduated from nearby Keller High.TRAINER’S ROOMIndians 3B Jose Ramirez took grounders at the team’s complex in Arizona after leaving Sunday’s exhibition game with a bruised left knee. Ramirez will rejoin the team Wednesday in Minnesota for the workout day before Thursday’s opener against the Twins. While Francona wouldn’t say Ramirez will play Thursday, he said Monday’s session was “a pretty good indicator he’s doing all right.”RANGERS MOVESRHP Zach McAllister, signed to a $1 million non-guaranteed contract in January, was placed on unconditional release waivers. … RHPs Matt Bush and Rafael Montero were assigned to minor league camp to continue rehabilitation from offseason surgery.UP NEXTIndians RHP Mike Clevinger will close out the two exhibition games at Texas with his fourth spring start. In 13 2/3 innings, Clevinger has allowed 13 hits, struck out 16 and walked six. Rangers LHP Drew Smyly has pitched 9 1/3 innings in four spring starts after being limited by a March 2017 elbow injury to one minor league appearance during the past two years. With under two weeks to go before the season starts, Arizona’s roster situation remains murky as the team considers new potential options."Diamondbacks NewsRoster Situation Remains MurkyWith John Ryan Murphy, Christian Walker, and Socrates Brito all out of options, the team is going to be forced to expose one of them to waiver claims. With the team now considering the prospect of opening the season with only two catchers on the roster http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , that removes Murphy’s security blanket. Of the three, Murphy is the most likely to clear waivers. Might the team roster the other two and add Murphy at a later date?Bullpen Competition Heats UpSilvino Bracho has been lost for the season. T.J. McFarland is still injured and will not be ready by the time the season opens. Jimmie Sherfy and Joey Krehbiel have been sent to AA-Reno. Despite all this, the team still has a number of arms competing for one or two spots in the bullpen. The competition is headed by Rule-5 pick, Nick Green, and veteran lefty, Marc Rzepczynsk.Around MLBMLB’s “Division of Death”MOst seasons, it is the AL East that most teams are left fearing, the Yankees and Red Sox seemingly always in contention. This season though, it is the NL East which could prove to be the dominant division in baseball. Despite the presence of Miami in the division, the likes of Atlanta http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-b.j.-upton-jersey , Philadelphia, Washington, and even New York could make the division the powerhouse of baseball in 2019.Vlad Jr.’s Injury Cannot Protect MLB from Manipulation DramaBaseball’s number one prospect, Vlad Guerrero, Jr. is now officially sitting out games as an injured player. This will allow the Blue Jays to avoid answering questions about why they are not rostering him to open the season. The San Diego Padres have no such recourse for Fernando Tatis - not yet anyway. The number two prospect in baseball, dubbed by a scout as an, “A-Rod-type talent without the juice,” is unlikely to make the 25-man roster to start the season, despite possibly being one of the best talents the game has at any level.Four Outfielders? No ProblemAaron Judge took a page out of Ted Williams’ book and hit it where they ain’t with a massive bomb in to the parking lot behind left field.