Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferguson Jenkins Jersey
panxing18
Lieutenant

Apr 2019
Sergio Romo signs with MiamiOne of my favorite free agent relievers from this winter has come off the board Ferguson Jenkins Jersey , and the Red Sox didn’t make the move. Sergio Romo, the longtime Giants late-inning arm..."Sergio Romo signs with MiamiOne of my favorite free agent relievers from this winter has come off the board, and the Red Sox didn’t make the move. Sergio Romo, the longtime Giants late-inning arm who spent the 2018 season with the Rays, signed a one-year deal worth just $2.5 million with the Marlins on Tuesday. To start with the Marlins, this is really the kind of move a rebuilding team like Miami should be making, and one we don’t see enough of from these kind of organizations. Romo http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , first and foremost, gives them a body to put in their bullpen to prevent them from having to call up a minor-league arm more quickly. He’s also likely going to be used as trade bait in the summer, assuming both he pitches well and the Marlins aren’t contenders. I’m fairly confident in both of those things. Romo’s also a great leader for that young clubhouse. If you’ll recall, he was the player who most helped other pitchers buy into the “opener” role last year with the Rays. For all of those reasons — well, not really the trade bait one — I thought the Red Sox should have been in on him. In fact, for this price I really hope they at least made an offer. We don’t know exactly how these things go and we don’t know what Romo is looking for. Perhaps he would have needed a major upgrade in salary to play in Boston rather than Miami. Couldn’t blame someone for that. Perhaps he wanted to get back to the National League. We have no idea. If we was willing to sign in Boston, though Ryan Rua Jersey , the Red Sox missed a chance. The leadership qualities are great, and on top of that he has been at least 30 percent better than league-average by DRA in nine of his eleven big-league seasons with his worst mark being 23 percent better than league-average. Romo is remarkably consistent, and while there’s some risk as he enters his age-36 season, it’s not enough to stop from handing out the low salary he commanded. Missed opportunity for Boston here. ... but not necessarily in the 2019 regular season."We knew pitch clocks were coming. Commissioner Rob Manfred hinted about them last year.Now, pitch clocks are for real — and they are less than a week away!I have long been in favor of a pitch clock. Baseball rules say a pitcher needs to deliver a pitch, with the bases empty, within 20 seconds. That will eliminate a large amount of the current trend of batter stepping out/pitcher stepping off. In general Drew Robinson Jersey , about 58 percent of all plate appearances are with the bases empty. So... not all the stalling will go away, but much of it will. When the clocks were implemented in the minor leagues several years ago, game times dropped significantly, as much as 12 minutes in some leagues.However, as of now, pitch clocks are not necessarily coming in the regular season:I hope the players and management can come to an agreement on this; players should wantthis as much as owners do. When games are faster-paced, I think fielders are more ready behind pitchers. It could improve defenses as well as offenses.Anyway http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , consider this a five-week test. I suspect that unless you are paying very close attention, after a short time you won’t even notice the clocks. Many pitchers who will be in spring games have already been accustomed to the clocks, since almost all minor leagues have used them since 2015.I’m not a fan of a lot of the things Manfred has proposed to change baseball, but I’m all in favor of this one. Watch for it this weekend.