Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GM's - Discussion
Denitz
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
Hi Everyone,

I think it would be good if GM's could ban people from chat ( maybe not permanently but for 3 hours or so).Today at Server 20 we had some ( swear word) posting people cords on World Chat.This is really bad and in my opinion GM's should have rights to remove these kind of people from chat.

Let me know your thoughts on this

Many Thanks

Denitz
GM-Wilson
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
They can place temporary chat bans for 72 hours I believe. The ban is not just from world chat it also applies to legion chat

Also as GMs are not always active on the server as some have multiple responsibilities across many servers it helps to capture screen shots and send to them via email or line. Same rules also apply to any mails that are sent that breach the policies for communication
Denitz
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
Hi Wilson,

I think GM's cannot do ban just on the spot they have to report to Movga and they deal with it.I am thinking it would be better for GM's to have extra button to ban as sometimes you get odd idiot that logs on and insults people or posts cords on chat ( i know this is not prohibited but I guess there is a unwritten rule that people should not do it ).

Yeah , I can always send screenshot but at one point when I was heavily cleaning mines I was getting about 30 emails a day with whole dictionary of German swearwords.

Well I can take it so don't really care but my point is that GM's should have more power.You give ban to one idiot then other might change their behaviour.

Many Thanks

Denitz
Space Monkey
Private

Feb 2017
not really playing fair posting cords on world chat

Is there a rule about this though
GM-Wilson
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
I understand what you mean now. Totally agree they should have ability to either block or ban or even delete chat posts as well as reprimand individuals themselves, rather than escalating to China for approval.
+1 to your suggestion and I am sure three GMs would also agree
Denitz
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
Thank you WIlson!I am glad that GM's would agree to it as sometimes people blame GM's for not being able to help but don't understand that GM's need to pass requests to head office to action simple thing.We do have GM-Ems on our server and she is really good and I think this would help her to resolve some issues on our server.

Hard work to be GM but heyyy its lifeSmile
Ems
GM FK S16/17/20/42

Feb 2017
(02-24-2017, 01:46 PM)Space Monkey Wrote: not really playing fair posting cords on world chat

Is there a rule about this though

Hi unfortunately there is no rule imposed by Movga about posting coords it is more of an unwritten rule most servers comply with.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)