Lieutenant

Feb 2017
PLEASE GIVE BACK OUR EDIT BUTTON

Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
(03-08-2017, 04:13 PM)Sigma Wrote:
PLEASE GIVE BACK OUR EDIT BUTTON

Sorry Sigma, The edit button has been removed because it was abused by some users.  If something requires an edit please feel free to contact the section moderator for the edit to be done.
GM Server 70-72, Server 76
Sigma
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
So you are saying once I have started a Thread I al unable to change anything on the forum?

Requesting a way to delete my account on this forum, I trird to but again I am unable to.

Please also delete all threads I have ever made from this forum

Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
(03-08-2017, 06:41 PM)Sigma Wrote: So you are saying once I have started a Thread I al unable to change anything on the forum?

Requesting a way to delete my account on this forum, I trird to but again I am unable to.

Please also delete all threads I have ever made from this forum

Once a post is made it cannot be edited, this is because the function was absused by some members and left quite a mess to clean up.  I am sorry you feel that way, though I am not prepared to delete any threads that you have started because that would also involve deleting posts by other members, or leave a thread with big gaps in it there by making the thread meaningless.

Again, if something requires an edit, a member of the forum staff will be happy to make the edit for you.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Hmpf... I don't quite understand how any members can abuse a edit button...now I can't edit things into posts if I forgot something, or made a mistake -_- so I agree with sigma

Give back our edit button
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to explain how to make a mess of a forum with the edit button. This isn't the first forum I have staffed on where it has been done either. The last thing we want to do is upset users, but the staff just haven't got the time to fix the problems it creates. I honestly understand your frustration, I really do, but as with most things in life the few often spoil it for the many. If you need an edit on a guide that you have written I will be more than happy to make the change for you, just drop me a pm.
Sailaway EU-006
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
What a farce.......    

Sorry Noooo. I am only a little bit disapointed, not to say pissed off.
Cut all your ties and come along, the winds of change are blowing strong.
Your time is here, so take it. and I know you make it right, make it right.
Sail away, you can fly. On this wings of freedom you can reach the sky....

LINE: Daniel SailawayDeadh
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
:/ not cool
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
I agree it's not cool. It also wasn't a decision that was made lightly. What would you suggest? I've already had one user complain via pm that they can't use it to remove content and make a mess of the forum, so that to me says it was the right decision to make.
GM-Wilson
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
I am with the guys above, removing an edit button for people to update posts or correct spellings is ridiculous in my opinion.
Just going to waste time of users to report to moderators, and waste moderators time to make the changes.
I am sure the time involved to edit via 3rd party is far more than a regular clean up, not to mention the frustration.
This forum becomes a pain for the user. More like controllers than admins or mods!

EDIT - maybe the minority that do 'abuse' the edit function actually are not aware. I think it would be a more appropriate use of time to message any offenders directly to coach them of the implications of there action, if it really is an issue.