Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions from a new player
Harlequin
Sergeant

Apr 2017
Hello everybody,

I am playing on server 88 for the first time and experienced some serious issues (especially 1+2) I want to address:

1) NOOB PROTECTION

So far, there is no protection of smaller accounts which causes frustration to them by being farmed by powergamers. The consequences are huge: New players quit and the amount of players per server drops really fast after the start of a new server.

Many browsergames experienced that problem and an elegant way to prevent this would be a noob protection like in Ogame:

http://wiki.ogame.org/index.php/Tutorial...Protection

2) SERVER & PLAYER DENSITY

There are too many servers released overall which causes a lower player density per server and less fun for the rest.

If Movga wants to keep that it would be best to plan server merges about every 3 months after a server was released with 2-4 other servers in that time frame. For example, server 88 with 86-90. That way it would create a much larger community for a player to interact with.

Now on our server 88 we has just maybe ~50 accounts if at all which are still active.

3) RENAME

It would be nice to see a feature to rename an account or alliance/legion for maybe diamonds.

4) SPEEDING UP ATTACKS

Speeding up attacks to be able to strike instantly is way to overpowered. It would be best to have an option to increase the traveling speed by 200 or 400 % but not to strike instantly.

5) DOMINATION IN BATTLES

That helicopter buff for a fleet is overpowered as well. Every other player with the same fleet has nearly no chance to win vs that equipment.

6) WIKI

We need a Wiki for new players. Even I still doesn't understand many game term I just somehow know that it will give me some power if I spend ressources on it.

7) POWER CURVE & DOMINANCE

There should also be a compensation for lower players and legions if a legion on a server is too dominant. Maybe a ressource buff. Otherwise the best legion on a server becomes too fast too dominant.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Hey komrade

Point 1, Currently, they give Newbies 1 day of Shield Protection, together with another day of protection once you reach lv3. But I agree that they should do a little more for newbies.

Point 2, agreed. They have done some merging recently, but many servers are still holding a very small active playerbase. The merging tactic you just talked about seems a good idea.

Point 3, Agreed. Most likely that feature will be added sooner or later, as several other Movga Games have that feature already. And movga will most likely not miss a chance to earn more by making a Rename cost diamonds Wink

Point 4, AGREED. That's the tactic big spenders use, and it's super overpowered and let's you strike people instantly :/

Point 5, half and half. I think it's not THAT overpowered. But it is the strongest 4 star equipment

Point 6, there was a little guide once, but now t doesn't load, and I've already mentioned it several times in my own suggestions

7: Yap, all servers have that problem with a legion rising up far above the rest. Seems a good idea
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

Harlequin
Sergeant

Apr 2017
1) Yes, I have noticed the short shield for new players. That is by far not enough. Especially for unexperienced gamers. The noob protection would prevent the experienced players to bash the new ones.

I would extend my noob protection with:

8) Bash Stop: This ingame mechanic would stop a single player from attacking another single player more than 3-5 times during a 24 hours timeframe. This is also a very common mechanic in browsergames.
Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
Some interesting points.

At what point would the noob protection stop do you think ? There are server merges, roughly each 4-6 weeks a group is merged usually into 3's but 2's and 4's have been known. Good officers can beat the pre domination chopper, and officer equipment is now by far the best source of predomination. The forum is here with lots of info and you can ask questions. There are lots of guides which are far more indepth than the in game guide ever was.
GM Server 70-72, Server 76
Harlequin
Sergeant

Apr 2017
(05-18-2017, 07:15 PM)GM-Noooo Wrote: Some interesting points.

At what point would the noob protection stop do you think ?  There are server merges, roughly each 4-6 weeks a group is merged usually into 3's but 2's and 4's have been known.  Good officers can beat the pre domination chopper, and officer equipment is now by far the best source of predomination.  The forum is here with lots of info and you can ask questions.  There are lots of guides which are far more indepth than the in game guide ever was.

Sure, I know that. But I don't think officers are enough, because the other player with chopper most often has good officers as well.

I think the noob protection should scale and "never" stop. See the conditions in Ogame. I think there are good examples how to limit the noob protection.
Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
(05-22-2017, 09:23 AM)Harlequin Wrote:

At what point would the noob protection stop do you think ?  There are server merges, roughly each 4-6 weeks a group is merged usually into 3's but 2's and 4's have been known.  Good officers can beat the pre domination chopper, and officer equipment is now by far the best source of predomination.  The forum is here with lots of info and you can ask questions.  There are lots of guides which are far more indepth than the in game guide ever was.

Sure, I know that. But I don't think officers are enough, because the other player with chopper most often has good officers as well.

I think the noob protection should scale and "never" stop. See the conditions in Ogame. I think there are good examples how to limit the noob protection.

I can safely say that it's possible to beat the chopers predom score with better upgraded officers.
GM Server 70-72, Server 76
Harlequin
Sergeant

Apr 2017
(05-22-2017, 06:18 PM)GM-Noooo Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 09:23 AM)Harlequin Wrote:

I can safely say that it's possible to beat the chopers predom score with better upgraded officers.

I believe you. But the guy with the chopper upgrades his officers as well. So he nullifies this approach.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Officer skills might counter it, for example Occupy T-formation, which increases your predomance by 10 every level, or, Fog jamming, which decreases the enemy's predominance. Focus on those skills if your strongest officers have it, or else upgrade a weaker officer with the skill until it is one of your strongest for your main fleet Wink
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)