Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dutch GM
Meettheworld
Private

Feb 2017
Ik pleit voor meer Nederlandse GM. de reden hiervoor is dat niet Nederlandse GM uitsluitend Engels of Duits schrijven. Het klinkt raar maar soms is een uitleg in het Nederlands gewoon wat duidelijker. Daarnaast kunnen nagenoeg wel alle Nederlanders Engels en Duits schrijven en lezen.

I plead for more Dutch GM. The reason for this is that non Dutch GM only writes in English or German. It sounds weird but sometimes an explanation in Dutch is just a little clearer. In addition to the Dutch and German GM, almost all Dutch people can write English and German.

Ich plädiere für mehr Holländer GM. Der Grund dafür ist, dass nicht niederländische GM nur in Englisch oder Deutsch schreiben. Es klingt komisch, aber manchmal ist eine Erklärung auf Niederländisch nur ein wenig klarer. Neben dem niederländischen und die Deutschen GM, können fast alle niederländischen Leute Englisch und Deutsch.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
It is true that more Dutch Gm's are needed. Dutch is one of the main languages in game, and a lot speak Dutch. But so far i think GM-Don is the only Dutch GM in the game Tongue
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

Don
Donhardstyle

Feb 2017
(07-06-2017, 07:52 AM)ShadowHunteR Wrote: It is true that more Dutch Gm's are needed. Dutch is one of the main languages in game, and a lot speak Dutch. But so far i think  GM-Don is the only Dutch GM in the game Tongue

Thats correct shadow. I am the only dutch gm. An extra is very welcome!
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Ya, i myself can also speak dutch, but i do not master it. And the language barrier would be less of a Problem if Movga uses more rescources to get and use a proper in-game translator, or fix the current one as it does not always translate things properly or completely. Sometimes it just translates into some weird text or does not translate at all: In short: Many improvements can be made

NB: This is the translator as i remember it from may, before i lost my account and iPad. So although it could have been fixed in the meantime i am just repeating that if not fixed yet, it seriously should be dealt with.

Cheers Big Grin

Gregory89
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
If a dutch GM would be allowed at servers eu35/36/38 i would put myself as candidate.

There is still a lot of work to be done in the dutch FK version ..
Gregory89 has quit the game!
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
(07-10-2017, 03:19 PM)Gregory89 Wrote: If a dutch GM would be allowed at servers eu35/36/38 i would put myself as candidate.

There is still a lot of work to be done in the dutch FK version ..

Aye komrad. That is very true. I bet, at least since i last checked, that the main problems are still the in-game Chat Translator? I think that, if nothing has changed, that it is still playing a part in the laguage barrier today, as it *..Cough cough..* does not work as most people had wished. To say the least.

Plus, i think there are still plenty of grammar mistakes in the Dutch version? I see there are still only three suggestions in the Dutch section of that Google Sheets project. They may be corrected in-game though, as i heard from Movga that they had already corrected everything suggested in the English Version, save for a few, but did not change the "Open" to "Closed/Done". So maybe they have done the same with the Dutch Version. And i think that the Dutch version of the game had a little more than only Three texts which needed correcting.

Cheers bud, and they should make sure that every server has at least one GM. Although i see on the Gm-list that no GM's have posts on the servers you are putting yourself as candidate for, but that can have changed already due to the server merges, which have at least covered EU-001 to EU-063, seeing the last Merging Annoucement.

Cheers Big Grin

Gregory89
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
We don't have a GM, and we asked for it the answer was very simple.

'Your servers don't need a GM'.

Funny Smile.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
(07-12-2017, 06:39 AM)Gregory89 Wrote: We don't have a GM, and we asked for it the answer was very simple.

'Your servers don't need a GM'.

Funny Smile.

You got that answer from Movga?

...Well

Okay that is just *Russian swearword ))*
Because you can never just say "your servers don't need a GM", As basically all do. Players can feel offended by some guy yelling things in chat, or someone needs an explanation of a certain feature.
On all servers you find people who need help, or are being offensive and need talking to / Warned.

So why that answer: Your servers don't need a GM

If there is a GM already, i understand that reply

If not, it is just as crazy as the idea of stealing a nuclear submarine from the naval base in Sevastopol )))

Cheers Big Grin

Gregory89
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
After receiving that answer from Movga I gave up spending any energy on conversations with them Smile.

Maybe our server is to old to give it a GM now, if that is the reason I would understand it more.
Because it has an argument then..
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
(07-13-2017, 06:54 AM)Gregory89 Wrote: After receiving that answer from Movga I gave up spending any energy on conversations with them Smile.

Maybe our server is to old to give it a GM now, if that is the reason I would understand it more.
Because it has an argument then..

Could be. But Movga should always give at least one argument when they give such answer. You can't simply say "your server does not need a GM", except if you have the entire chat record of the server,mand there has never ever ever been any offensive language in chat or a question. GM's are there for those reasons as main ones. Making sure chat is clean and everyone friendly to each other, and answering questions from players who do not understand something

Cheers Big Grin

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)