Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Name exploit
GM-Dearwynn
Private

Aug 2017
Hi there

On our server is a new exploit used that Unique names undermines. 
The exploit is based on smal l and the capital i ( I ) in game they look the same. 
When you have the name Paul you can make a other char that look like Paul when you name it Paui that ends with the capital i 
This is done with many names from players on our server 30/33 even the ally names are copied this way. Is this a exploit or not

Dearwynn 30/33
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Hey Dearwynn,

So, you are saying that people can make a Player Name which is similar to the name of an ally, with only one letter being a a capital letter or vice versa? And, in your case, may cause confusion?

Well, i'm sorry to dissapoint you, but this is not an actual bug or problem. The Player Name is accepted, even if there is just one letter written as a capital letter instead. This way of accepting Player Names is commonly used in other games i'm actively playing. This method allows more naming options, although it can happen, as in your case, that another player creates a name similar to yours or an Ally's.

But, even with one letter difference, you can still recognize who is who. Although it may take some reminding at first.
You can also recognize allies from similar named players by checking their Legion, (Obviously) VIP Rank, Avatar decorations, and so on. Smile

So, to say in short: This issue may cause some confusion at first, but it is no bug. This method is commonly used for Player Names in other games. This may cause some names to become less unique, although something like that is likekly to happen anyways.

And remember that there are more ways to recognize a player than just the name. Wink
Hope this helped!

Cheers,

Shadow
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

GM-Dearwynn
Private

Aug 2017
No its not helping. When someone is attacking your base the only thing you see is: playername ( allyname) is attacking you

Kala65 (Navysteal) or KaIa65 (NavysteaI) kan you see the difference second name is spelled kaia ( navysteai )

The problem is that you only can expose the attacker only after the attack is done not at the attack self but if you cant see the harrasment potential here then i dont see what will. It will explote on his own atleast on our server
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Ah, so it is also being done like that with Legion and Player names?
Irritating, i know.

But there is still one key way to keep them apart:

Allies can not Attack you. If they send Defense Fleets you will be notified with a Green Shield appearing in the Base management area.

An Enemy can only attack you. You will be warned with an alarm if in-game and a red sirene will appear in both Base Management and World Map area's

And most importantly of all, never deploy a Defense Fleet.
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)