Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Base defence
Lbouwy
Sergeant

Feb 2017
It would be fun to be able to put some kind of base defence like a mine-field, artillery, ...
Things you cannot see when exploring a base but surprises.
Noooo
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
(09-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Lbouwy Wrote: It would be fun to be able to put some kind of base defence like a mine-field, artillery, ...

That could be interesting, can you expand on the suggestion at all ?  How would it work, how would it be developed by the player etc etc ?
GM Server 70-72, Server 76
Lbouwy
Sergeant

Feb 2017
(09-01-2017, 01:49 PM)GM-Noooo Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Lbouwy Wrote: It would be fun to be able to put some kind of base defence like a mine-field, artillery, ...

That could be interesting, can you expand on the suggestion at all ?  How would it work, how would it be developed by the player etc etc ?

Now it is clear. If you have a stronger force you can attack a base being sure you will win because the other will not put up a defence fleet. I do this all the time ;-).
If you are not sure you can handle the other send a scouting to see if there is any defence and if not use diamonds to attack instantly. I also use this.
Now, if there is a hidden defence like mines, artillery (can be open or hidden) there is always a risk you loose ships when attacking. This puts some spice on the game, doesn't ?
How to get artlillery can be the same as buildings. 
How to get mine fields can be in events, as gifts, ...or buy using diamonds. The same way as we are gettings other nice tools now.
The mine field could last only for limited time. 
There could be different types, strenghts of mine fields.
There could be tools in the game to detect mine fields. 
How a mine field is being removed can be proportional to the damage done, so sending only one ship to test will only show there is a mine filed but you do not know how strong. 
Other players may have even more ideas how this could turn into a lot of fun in the game.
Greetings
Bouwy (Storm legion)
Sailaway EU-006
Lieutenant

Feb 2017
yes, I agree with Lbouwy,

it would be a funny side. But the downside of this would be the lost of the fleet. For example I like to attack some Players with good stores of resources. If I am going to loose some of the collectors, not much pain at all, but it would be worrying to loose all of them...

But it would be worth a try to apply such a defense.
Cut all your ties and come along, the winds of change are blowing strong.
Your time is here, so take it. and I know you make it right, make it right.
Sail away, you can fly. On this wings of freedom you can reach the sky....

LINE: Daniel SailawayDeadh
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
The Artillery function seems like something which will fit better in a war game where ground forces play the main role, such as Force Command.

The Mine Field defense option is a pretty good idea! Here is my view on the suggestion. Although i think renaming it to Sea Mines would fit better with Fleet Command, being a Naval war game. And in my opinion, there can be two types of mines:

Sea Mines,
And Timed Mines.

Sea Mines should last up to 7 and becomelow tier reward in a Event. When a enemy fleet activates one, it will destroy 8% of the Enemy Fleet.

Timed Mines are high tier rewards in a Event, and are temporarily. They last for up to 3 days, but the damage dealt by it is greater. When activated by a Enemy Fleet, it will destroy 11% of the Fleet.

I agree with you on the fact that Mines should be able to be earned in events, but not being purchaseable in the Shop with diamonds, This can again cause overuse by big spenders.

There could a new Ship Type used especially for scouting Bases for Mines: The Minesweeper. A Yellow Ship with low attack but high HP stats. This ship can be earned in the same event as the Mines, but every player can get 3 of these ships for free in the Event.

The Minesweeper can be sent out to scout for the prescense of Mines.

I've still got no idea about a function to effectively remove mines.
Maybe the Minesweepers can be used as Ships to active the Mines on purpose? Thus clearing the path.

Still, a great idea with potential

Shadow
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

Lbouwy
Sergeant

Feb 2017
Sea mines sounds excellent.
Thank you Shadow for the additions to the idea.
In a first stage the mines could be introduced.
Being able to detect them and even remove could be something later on.

But I think it is important that the mine field is not completely destroyed when you would only send one small ship into it.
An idea but might be complicated:
You win a mine field in an event. The basic power of the mine field is X. When you send a fleet into it of power X, it gets destroyed completely. From the start X can be low ex. 50K. When you send a fleet > X into it the remaining power of the fleet is Y-X. But you can use resources to increase X up to a maximum depending on your level ;-). So if you send a small fleet y into X there will be mine field left: X-y.
Small players get attacked by players a bit larger, never by the big one because there are not enough resources to steal. Larger players get attacked by bigger ones, ... . So most of the time you attack of the same level or a bit lower. The strenght of the mine field will fit the level of players and attacks.

Movga, I hope your team can have some fun with this.
ShadowHunteR
Colonel

Feb 2017
Interesting.
Try sending the Suggestions to fc@movga.com

I don't trust movga on anctually reading Suggestions on the Forum.
Since the official Movga Account, Movgabz, has not been online since (February?)
Quote:Fleet Command
EU-135 ShadowNavy founder and ex-Leader, now Member

Line: None yet
Facebook: None yet
Email: SimonPalmer99@Yahoo.com
Message me if you have any questions!

Cheers Big Grin

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)